Vagabond

A vagabond is a wanderer. A bourlingueur is a navigator, who kicks about, but knows where he is going. Neither have a fixed address, and both are obsessed by their state of impermanence.

Nom :

Every morning, I scribble & scrawl. The rain falls onto the low countries, and my house is slowly sinking into the North Sea.

20080113

Survival

Wandered off the blog and found myself in the extreme Southern Highlands of Madagascar, where the afternoon wind brings in a wave of cockroaches and malaria, looking out over the Ifaho mountains. We didn't belong there, but Sister Maria, against the veiled threats that fady would get the best of her, built homes, a school and saved lives that nobody attached any importance to. Why? Why spend your life in such a god forsaken place. I don't know, Malta was boring. I wanted to travel and help people.
Stay tuned, and I'll tell you something about a true frontier woman.

Libellés :